Asparion D400 - DAW Controller
The D400 DAW controller offers an all-purpose user interface for a state-of-the-art music production. Designed for maximum productivity it adapts to your needs unconditionally. With up to 64 motorized faders and countless LED push buttons there is no limit to your creativity.
Through its attractive design with a depth of only 238mm the D400 finds its place on every desk. The low construction height of only 33mm contributes to its timeless design which makes it look good everywhere.
By use of the double click function you can allocate a second action to every button which gives you access to even more functions on smallest space. This is supported by a "push and rotate" function which allows you to turn a rotary encoder in its pushed state to control a second function.
The aluminum chassis with its anodized laser printed surface does not only look sophisticated but is also extremely robust. Furthermore, the click noise of all push buttons is reduced by their silicon cap. Connected with three screws you can arrange each individual chassis in every order you desire.
A light spectacle
With the tremendous quantity of LEDs and the all-round translucent push button caps you have everything immediately in sight out of every perspective and by the way you create a true light spectacle.
The D400T forms the basis.
Besides all basic functions like "play", "stop" and "record" you can control settings like volume and panorama with the rotary encoders surrounded by an LED ring. By use of buttons 1 to 8 you can assign several functions to the rotary encoders. With the four additional rotary encoders you easily control an EQ.
The Jog-Shuttle combination takes you to the correct spot in a matter of seconds. The available sockets to connect a sustain or expression pedal give you the chance to even use your feet.
You can connect up to 8 extensions to the D400T which gives you up to 64 faders at the same time.
The combination of 8 highly precise motorized ALPS faders with 3 LED push buttons each, gives you full control over your audio tracks. The touch-sensitive surface of all faders makes automation become child's play. With an accuracy of up to 4000 levels per fader you always move your controllers exactly to where you want them to be.
Due to their compact construction there is room for more than one D400F on every desk.
As each extension can be connected to another extension there are sufficient USB ports at any time.
To keep an eye on all your tracks in all lighting conditions the D400 can be extended with an OLED display. Readability is guaranteed from every angle in darkness as well as in sunlight by the use of organic light diodes.
With a resolution of 1024x64 pixels combined with the high refresh rate working professionally is not an issue and the workflow is optimized. Alongside 2 lines of text the display offers a metering view with clipping. The 6.5mm thin frame follows the modern design of the D400. The height of the D400F only increases by 2.2cm. This results in a total height of 5.5cm which keeps the view on the monitor clear.
With the 1-meter extension link cable there is no limit to the positioning of your single elements. For example you can put the D400T on one side of your keyboard and the D400F on the other.
Asparion Configurator Software
Via the extensive software "Asparion Configurator" you can configure the smallest detail and your D400 will thereby be customized to your personal needs without any limitations.
All manuals will be shipped on an environment-friendly reusable USB 3.0 drive. The 16GB capacity offers enough space for your audio productions besides the manuals.
To a comprehensive device belongs comprehensive support. If there should ever be any problem please do not hesitate to contact us. You will usually receive an answer on the same day.
- up to 64 faders / 8 extensions.
- anodized aluminum chassis, laser printed
- standardized midi protocol
- 2-year warranty⁴
- 8 endless rotary encoders with snap
- 4 LED rings with 15 LEDs each
- 21 programmable LED push buttons
- jog wheel with shuttle
- 2x 6,35mm sockets for expression and sustain pedal
- USB B 2.0 connector
- connector for extension
- 238 x 137 x 33mm (chassis)
- 8 touch-sensitive 100mm ALPS motor faders with a resolution of up to 12bit (4000 steps)
- 24 programmable LED push buttons
- 9V power supply
- connector for another extension
- 238 x 238 x 33mm (chassis)
- extension for the D400T, no stand-alone use
- OLED display
- 1024x64 pixel
- 2 lines of text with 8 characters each⁶
- Stereo / Mono metering incl. clipping⁶
- 232 x 36 x 6.5mm, 238 x 238 x 55mm (D400F + D400S)
- extension for the D400F, no stand-alone use
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10, 11
Compatible DAW programs²:
Cubase / Nuendo
Samplitude / Music Studio / Sequoia
|Can be used to control plugins that support midi.|
1) Asparion Configurator not available, not necessarily required
2) Compatibility states basic functionality. Depending on your DAW program it is possible that some functions are not supported, e.g. the EQ. In these cases we recommend using a compatible VST plugin.
3) The D400 uses the standardized midi protocol. Thereby it is compatible to almost every audio software which supports universal midi controllers. Furthermore, it has a certain compatibility to the HUI and Mackie protocol which enables you to use the D400 in programs that support these protocols.
4) Asparion offers a voluntary 2-year warranty on all devices. As a general rule, this warranty covers all defects that can be traced back to faulty production or deficient quality of the components. The warranty only lasts as long as the necessary spare parts are in stock. Parts subject to wear and tear are not covered by warranty. Asparion reserves the right to decide in each particular case which repairs are covered by warranty.
5) No feedback from the DAW to the device. (LEDs won't shine)
6) The information provided varies depending on the DAW
- ACID Pro [en].pdf (264.0 KB)
- Audition [en].pdf (338.5 KB)
- Bitwig [en].pdf (197.8 KB)
- Cubase Advanced [en].pdf (385.3 KB)
- Cubase [en].pdf (174.3 KB)
- Digital Performer [en].pdf (271.1 KB)
- FL Studio [en].pdf (268.0 KB)
- Live [en].pdf (281.3 KB)
- Logic [en].pdf (1.1 MB)
- LV1 [en].pdf (204.6 KB)
- Mixbus32C [en].pdf (178.2 KB)
- Premiere Pro [en].pdf (365.5 KB)
- Pro Tools [en].pdf (162.4 KB)
- Reaper [en].pdf (401.9 KB)
- Reason [en].pdf (227.8 KB)
- Samplitude [en].pdf (248.5 KB)
- Sonar [en].pdf (544.2 KB)
- Studio One [en].pdf (844.8 KB)
- Tracktion [en].pdf (403.1 KB)
- Vegas [en].pdf (340.9 KB)
- Asparion Configurator Installation 1.2.zip (93.8 MB)
- Asparion Configurator Portable 1.2.zip (444.0 KB)
- Asparion Configurator Installation 1.3.zip (94.1 MB)
- Asparion Configurator Portable 1.3.zip (450.8 KB)
- Asparion Configurator Installation 1.4.zip (94.5 MB)
- Asparion Configurator Portable 1.4.zip (454.9 KB)
- Asparion Configurator Installation 1.5.zip (94.7 MB)
- Asparion Configurator Portable 1.5.zip (455.7 KB)
- Asparion Configurator Installation 1.6.zip (95.2 MB)
- Asparion Configurator Portable 1.6.zip (476.0 KB)
- ACID Pro.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Audition.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Bitwig.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Cubase.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Digital Performer.aPres (2.5 KB)
- FL Studio.aPres (2.5 KB)
- HUI.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Live.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Logic.aPres (2.5 KB)
- LV1.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Mackie.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Mixbus32C.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Premiere Pro.aPres (2.0 KB)
- Pro Tools.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Reaper.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Reason.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Samplitude.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Sonar.aPres (2.0 KB)
- Studio One.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Tracktion.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Universal.aPres (2.5 KB)
- Vegas.aPres (2.5 KB)
Additional files for Cubase
Advanced preset for Cubase with control room
Additional files for Samplitude
Additional files for Studio One
Additional files for Mixbus 32C
Additional files for Bitwig
Additional files for FL Studio
- D400 Firmware v1.06.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.07.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.08.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.09.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.10.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.11.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.12.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.13.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.15.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.16.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.17.aFirm (401.0 KB)
- D400 Firmware v1.18.aFirm (401.0 KB)